02 January 2009 ~ 15 Comments

Fuji from my window!

I bought a new camera yesterday. A Casio Exilim. 10.1 Mega pixels and a 8gb memory card!!! My previous camera was a classic Sony Cybershot from the late 90s. 2.0. Mega pixels and a memory stick that held 64 mbs of memory. Geez! I remember when that was saying something. You couldn’t tell me nothing back then!

I bought my new one at Yodabashi Camera in Akihabara. They had some great deals and I jumped all over this one.

I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship (-:

Here are a couple of my first pictures:

snowy-fuji-wondow

cimg0026

Sugoi ne! (-:

PS: Yeah, I know 10.1 won’t mean anything by next summer but man look at those pics! Sheeet, how many mega pixels does a camera need anyway? (-:

PPS: I’ve written, and am in the process of revising, a novel. It’s unrelated to my experiences in Japan. If you enjoy my writing and have a little free time please check out: Real Gods require Blood. I’ll be posting it chapter by chapter.

Thanks in advance

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Fuji from my window!”

1. jaredinnakano 3 January 2009 at 6:24 am Permalink

Those are some great photos. Happy new year!

• Locohama 3 January 2009 at 6:28 am Permalink

Thanks J in N (-:
      I love my camera (-:

• ItAintEazy 4 January 2009 at 5:04 pm Permalink

Nobody can take a bad picture of Fuji-san, can you? And the ten bajillion megapixels don't hurt either.

As for the novel, you know I'll be checking that out!

• Locohama 4 January 2009 at 5:47 pm Permalink

You got that right….that's like taking a bad picture of Ai Nagatsuka: impossible (-:

2. areason2write 3 January 2009 at 6:51 am Permalink

I can't wait to see what else you journal with your new camera. We got a new camera and a new video camera for our adventure! HAppy New Year!

• Locohama 3 January 2009 at 6:55 am Permalink

Thanks Reason2! Yep I was just sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate my mega pixels into my blogs…it does video too (-: I'm sure I'll think of something (-;
      Well, I can't wait to experience India through your eyes! I'm sure it'll be enlightening…

• enekochan 4 January 2009 at 3:15 am Permalink

Megapixels is a matter of enlargement. More megapixels bigger prints you can do.

I'm so jealous you can do that picture from your window! 😉

• Locohama 4 January 2009 at 3:35 am Permalink

Gracias! but don't be jealous…I'm moving next week. May have to change my blog name to Cocky in Kawasaki (-:
        If you want this place you can have it, but you better hurry to a Yokohama Realtor.

Loco (-:

3. Alex Kane 3 January 2009 at 8:27 am Permalink

Great pics, I like the one with the yellow sky.

• Locohama 3 January 2009 at 8:28 am Permalink

thanks dude! But I think all the credit must go to Casio (-:

4. Tornadoes28 3 January 2009 at 9:21 am Permalink

Great photos, especially the second one. Amazing colors.

• Locohama 3 January 2009 at 9:24 am Permalink

Thanks Tornado-san (-:

5. freedomwv 13 January 2009 at 5:21 am Permalink

Those are some great photos of Mt. Fuji! Sadly, the part of Tokyo I live in does not offer a good view of Mt. Fuji. Thank you so much for offering up these photos!

• Locohama 14 January 2009 at 6:29 pm Permalink

Yeah, those shots are rare though. Usually it's lost in a cloud of pollution (-:
      Usually after some terrible weather it cleans out the gutter in the skies and voila!(-: