04 February 2009 ~ 16 Comments

Closing in on 25000 served (-:

Well, I’m not sure if 25,000 is saying much on a WWW with millions upon millions of users, but I sure feel something, so I just wanted to mark the occasion with a little shout out to all my readers and commenters who have taken time out of their busy lives (assuming you have a busy life) to read my blog and leave remarks. I truly appreciate it!!!

I can still remember when I first started this blog (all of 4 months ago) without a clue what I wanted to do aside from vent about my life in japan. Well, thank God I’ve figured out some other things I could do besides bitch and moan. I discovered what I like about this place and what I like about myself, and I truly believe that gift wouldn’t have been possible without the inspiration of my readers.

Special thanks to the following folks (in no particular order):

Jusuo: You were my first comment and predicted success, didn’t you? Well, can’t claim that prophesy yet but the potential is there. thank for the kind words though!!!

Kyon: You were down back in the days and always have a good word, so good looking out!

Jturningpin: Just keep on hitting me off like you do! I’ll keep checking 7:10 of course!

Justin: Languagebanditry is the bomb! And so are you! Thanks for the support

jaredinnakano: Good looking out…and thanks for pulling my coat a couple of times on my narrow thinking! (-:

Reason2write: You’re great! You’re like the voice of reason calm and wise. And I’m all over your adventures in India, living there vicariously through you and your family. Thanks for sharing.

Itainteazy: Thanks man, you are like the voice in my head only, I don’t know, realer! Thansk for the support!

TLR: My pal in Maui, you are so great and your responses on point and positive. Good looking out!

Zurui-san: Thanks for your support through Black Tokyo, without which 25000 would not have been a possibility.

XO- You have inspired the tweaking of several post with your passionate words. thanks a bunch!!!

Freedomwv: Your support has been wonderful as well, my companion in tribulation! Between us, we should write a screenplay about this lovely place.

Zen-san- Thanks for your give and take, you’re awesome.

and last but certainly not least

Michealjohngrist: Thanks for your long thoughtful comments that I practically have to write an essay to respond to (-:

Well I’m sure I forgot someone (though I clearly tried not to) If I did, all apologies and thank you so much for your support.

16 Responses to “Closing in on 25000 served (-:”

1. areason2write 4 February 2009 at 11:51 pm Permalink

Hey again – thank you for sharing! It's great fun to read your writing – I have plans to start your book next week. I want to sit down and soak it in and life has been just a wee bit hectic for the past few months – but I cannot wait! I really love that you have no fear of sharing your heartfelt opinion and your raw emotion – but you will very sincerely stop and think about the comments you receive. You come across as a written-in-stone kind of guy – a don't f with me toughie – but that is clearly not the case. We are all learning a lot from your unique ability to bend without breaking!

2. areason2write 4 February 2009 at 11:55 pm Permalink

Hey – I love reading your writing – you are so willing to share your raw emotion – you come across as a Don't f*** with me toughie but then you soak in every comment. You are teaching us all a lot with your unique ability to bend without breaking. I enjoy your comments at least as much as your writing. And 25k in only 4 months – you clearly rock!

• Locohama 5 February 2009 at 8:12 am Permalink

You are one of my reasons2 write. Just knowing you're out there (or rather over here in Asia now) just motivates me all the more, so I want to say thanks again!!!

3. areason2write 5 February 2009 at 8:08 am Permalink

Hey again – I don't know why this published twice – the first time I thought it just disappeared – apparently not – so feel free to delete this post and whichever one of the above you like the least. And I will stop bugging you – well at least for today. 😎

4. Zen 5 February 2009 at 2:17 pm Permalink

Yo slick,

I am so down with your blog. It is fun to hear about your times on the right coast, being from Philly, memories jump off the page. Of course the tales of Nihon are cool. Only one thing… FINISH A BLOODY STORY 🙂
    peace!
    Zn

• Locohama 5 February 2009 at 3:18 pm Permalink

Aye Aye Sir! (-; There was something I wanted to say about you Zen-san but I forgot. Now I remember!

to be continued..

Loco (-:

5. justin 5 February 2009 at 6:39 pm Permalink

Haha! Thanks for the mention, I totally didn't expect it. I found your blog when I was thinking I need to stop wasting so much time randomly surfing pages—and boy am I glad I didn't stop, I would've never run across this absolute GEM of a page of yours. I'll be reading as long as you're writing 🙂 BTW See ya in a few months, I'll be heading over to seek employment hahaha (My process is like — read pages like yours — live vicariously — get excited about Japan — head on over.)

• Locohama 9 February 2009 at 4:20 am Permalink

Word! Yo, drop me a line when you're in town, maybe we can catch a brew or something. I'm at locohama7@gmail.com
      Kochira koso (no I should be thanking you) My blogs a GEM? Wow, thanks again!

6. ItAintEazy 6 February 2009 at 7:25 am Permalink

Shit, you didn't have to do that, not after I haven't been showing up for the past couple of weeks T_T

Here's to a cool million I'm sure you're gonna get!

• Locohama 9 February 2009 at 4:17 am Permalink

Thanks EZ, just as long as when you come you bring it, you get props from me!

7. zurui 9 February 2009 at 11:56 am Permalink

a big omedeto to ya! lookin' forward to more!

8. jturningpin 11 February 2009 at 11:23 pm Permalink

Fantastic stuff you've got going on here, Loco. I never come away disappointed.

And thanks for the unexpected shoutout! Reminded me that I've never set up a link to your blog from mine. That has since been remedied. 🙂

Take care.

• Locohama 12 February 2009 at 5:50 pm Permalink

Thanks JTP,
      You was probably playahatin so the oversight is understandable…just kiddin'
      I gotta peep madtokyo.
      (-:

9. jturningpin 11 February 2009 at 11:25 pm Permalink

Oops, sorry for the double-post. I guest post at 7:10, but my own ramblings are at http://madtokyo.wordpress.com. Sorry to make this sound like cheap promotion…

• Locohama 12 February 2009 at 5:46 pm Permalink

Oops, thanks…damn, I'll update my post too.
      nothing cheap about promotion. Madtokyo is great fun too