30 May 2009 ~ 10 Comments

The Most Interesting Man in the World!!! (updated)

…and he bench presses Japanese nurses!

What a hilariously brilliant Beer ad campaign!

I’ve been watching the NBA Playoffs on NBA Broadband and they show the commercials so I’ve been able to catch a whiff of what’s cooking in the US through the commercials. Well, we’re still creative as hell, that’s for sure, as evidenced in this commercial campaign.

Though it has no relation to anything Loco, I thought I’d share it with my readers who, like myself, reside abroad and are a bit disconnected from what’s going on in the US media-wise.

Enjoy, and Stay thirsty, my friends!

He’s like a cross between Chuck Norris (especially in the flashback scenes to when he is a young “interesting” man) and that Mexican pimp who raised Bill, named Esteban, from Kill Bill Part 2, right? From the quotes I’m pretty sure the creators were inspired by the Chuck Norris “facts” site (which has had me ROTFLMAO many a time.)

Damn, I wonder if they have Dos Equis in Tokyo…anyone know? Damn commercials make me thirsty!

Dos Loco Equis

Stay thirsty My friends

10 Responses to “The Most Interesting Man in the World!!! (updated)”

1. deadhippo 30 May 2009 at 4:52 pm Permalink

He’s a love not a fighter, but he’s also a fighter so don’t get any ideas.
    Brilliant, good find.

2. XO 31 May 2009 at 6:56 am Permalink

Yes, I have drank it in a Mexican restaurant in Ebisu. It is next to the train tracks, just West of the eki. It's probably the most authentic Mexican food I have had in Japan. It's funny that Mexican food is not more popular here, say like Indian food is. I guess because there are less immigrants from Mexicio here to promote it. I know Okinawans have Tako-Risu, but I think even a chain place like Taco Bell would do good here.

3. Francisco 31 May 2009 at 12:07 pm Permalink

ah dos equis beer one of the finest beers produced in MExico

have to say its better than cornona

I want to go to the factory in Monterrey and jack a whole shipment of that stuff

4. TLR 31 May 2009 at 2:30 pm Permalink

Classic! Great find on You tube! that is the coolest of the cool! Thanks for Sharing!

aloha,

Tracy

5. john turningpin 1 June 2009 at 8:46 pm Permalink

Dos Equis can be found at any snooty convenience store here in Tokyo, or even (alongside gnarly Corona) at convenience stores in Roppongi…

6. john turningpin 2 June 2009 at 5:48 am Permalink

D'oh! Meant to say, "any snooty SUPERMARKET here in Tokyo…"

That's what I get for being tired and hung over and trying to sound cool on the internets.

7. areason2write 4 June 2009 at 8:49 pm Permalink