10 April 2010 ~ 17 Comments

Yokohama, in living color pt.4: Hanami in Yokohama

Took a little stroll around Yokohama last week, to an area not too far from Ishikawacho station.

There ‘s a lovely historical district, and a quiet park there with Sakura (cherry blossoms)¬†galore. Here are the pics:

Ah, Spring!

17 Responses to “Yokohama, in living color pt.4: Hanami in Yokohama”

1. Enrico 11 April 2010 at 4:25 am Permalink

Nice photos, the houses seem european….how much they cost ? ^^

2. Gavin Veasey 11 April 2010 at 4:30 am Permalink

The house in the first picture looks almost victorian.

3. theeasyvegan 11 April 2010 at 4:33 am Permalink

Looks so beautiful. The blossoms make everything seem so much better.

4. Kaba 11 April 2010 at 5:10 am Permalink

Beautiful. Very jealous. Just seems weird that everything looks so European!

5. Tokyoern 11 April 2010 at 7:28 am Permalink

Beautiful pics – I may have to do one of my neighborhood walks around this area as well. Just posted the first batch of my cherry blossom pics as well.

No psycho students to deal with while looking at cherry blossoms.

6. Blue Shoe 11 April 2010 at 8:16 am Permalink

The flowers are pretty, but for some reason I am more intrigued by that food. Is that a Cuban sandwich?

7. Clarite 11 April 2010 at 8:30 am Permalink

I have been thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. In fact, after reading your old post about OSANBASHI, I went there tonight (i live in yokohama, too), the evening view of the harbor was breathtaking. Walking under the YOZAKURA was lovely too. You would enjoy them, I'm sure.

8. Rose 11 April 2010 at 4:31 pm Permalink

Wow! Those houses are gorgeous! I'm assuming they were build by European traders who lived in Yokohama?

9. mythirdeye 11 April 2010 at 8:38 pm Permalink

Beutiful! I wish this could be my desktop wallpaper. 'specially the one with the painting of the sakura tree, it's quite remarkable. I can see how one could sit and drink nihonshu for hours contemplating the contrast between the branches and flowers! Many wonderful poems have been written during this time of year. Other readers said how the houses were European, but isn't it interesting how they still have the Japanese touch? Nihonjin have this way of "adopt and adapt" that cannot be found anywhere else. Cheers Loco, enjoy your vay-K

10. Billy W 12 April 2010 at 5:16 am Permalink

Nice pics. Man, I am loving spring!

BTW, would be much obliged if you could change the 7:10 to Tokyo link to one for Tokyo Filter.

Thanks, man.

11. thesoulofjapan 12 April 2010 at 5:38 am Permalink

Great snaps! I used to live 5 minutes away from there.

• Michael in LA 13 April 2010 at 10:08 am Permalink

I'm feeling sneezy after seeing all those cherry blossoms… We need more info on the sammwich!

12. Chris B 12 April 2010 at 5:58 am Permalink

I have come to fully appreciate the "Zen like" qualities of the tea ceremony and can see why Samurai took part or observed to relax their minds.

But..
    The flowers…
    On the other hand…a huge plumeria tree in Hawaii seems to relax me just by it's beauty and its smell so…
    I'm full of shit and realized it while typing. I realize my own inconsistencies.
    A.D.H.D can be crushing if not confusing for those around me :(

By the way…
    nice pics ;)

• Produce 12 April 2010 at 6:59 pm Permalink

I've seen the yellow house before, it really is beautiful

13. Joshua Zimmerman 13 April 2010 at 10:41 am Permalink

Wow! Awesome hanami photos!

Us down in Hiroshima are running a little Japan Spring Photo Contest and we'd LOVE it if you'd submit one of your photos!

While you're probably not too interested in the prizes, you could always win fame and glory!

14. Tom 24 April 2010 at 9:02 pm Permalink

The Bluff! I used to live in Yokohama, not around there. Pictures like these make me miss it. Thanks.