17 January 2011 ~ 9 Comments

What the hell are Japanese teens thinking about??? pt.3

Previously, I exhibited the art from my kids at School C (here’s Part 1 and Part 2). You remember how brilliant that work was, right? (If not, refresh your memory using the links above…definitely worth a 2nd look) Themes ranged from bullying in the schools, to world peace, to respecting elders, and the artistic level was surprisingly high, right?

Well, the students at School A, not to be outdone by any stretch of the imagination, today displayed their thoughts and feelings in art form. And, it’s my honor to present their work. Any of you talented readers out there looking to display or sharpen our Nihon-go /Japanese language skills are welcome to translate in the comments. I honestly could only get half of it so your efforts will be highly appreciated.

So, without further ado, here they are- the best  (by my reckoning) of School A’s artwork:

Are they talented kids, or what?

PS: Don’t forget to check out the other great Japan pics submitted to Show Me Japan at Budget Trouble.

Twitter

Facebook

And, if you got a sec, and in the mood for another side of Loco, check out my new blog:

Loco’s Patronus

9 Responses to “What the hell are Japanese teens thinking about??? pt.3”

1. Illahee 17 January 2011 at 10:45 pm Permalink

wow, i really like the last few!

the 'manga' type ones make me wonder if they were writing about work experience. is this a junior high? the kindy ones made me laugh a couple of times.

2. Don "Kangol&quo 17 January 2011 at 11:30 pm Permalink

We got some aspiring manga artists in the house!

3. RKat 17 January 2011 at 11:33 pm Permalink

very talented indeed.

4. Cedric 18 January 2011 at 10:19 am Permalink

Good Gawd. I can't believe how talented these kids are. I'm always amazed at how good Japanese kids are at drawing and doodling. I guess calligraphy classes and kanji writing does wonders on their artistic abilities.
    Great post homes.

• Locohama 19 January 2011 at 8:41 am Permalink

Yeah, they're really something, right? I see future Manga artist level brilliance here. Thanks for the shout C!

5. Lisa W 21 January 2011 at 10:29 pm Permalink

Awesome! Loved all the comics! Understood most of them (I think! ;P). Your students have done some great work, thanks for sharing!! ^^

6. Anna Ikeda 21 January 2011 at 11:27 pm Permalink

It's amazing that this level of artwork came from what? junior high kids?

7. TokyoTrawler 24 January 2011 at 11:23 am Permalink

Nice art, especially that one at the end!

8. Alessia 25 January 2011 at 8:41 am Permalink

Wow, I was amazed at the last one!!! :O But all of them are cute!
    Thanks Loco for the little dive in the Japanese junior High students` mind! 🙂