13 February 2011 ~ 7 Comments

Whoa…She’s in Yokohama, with Loco!

That’s right, I spent most of this afternoon with the lovely Amanda from Whoa…I’m in Japan blog.

We met up at Yokohama station, went to Bay Quarters Kua Aina for burgers (best burgers in Yokohama) and chatted about everything from nihongo to junk food. (-;

Amanda & Loco in Yokohama

Kawaii deshou?

Good times! Good times!

Perhaps we might get into some collaborative efforts in the near future…who knows? But, today was not about business. Under a brilliant sun, it was all about chilling (literally) and getting to know each other, offline. And that we did.

Thanks Amanda for coming out to Yokohama. Next time I’ll definitely pop over to Tokyo.

And, everyone, if you’re looking for some fresh commentary about life in Japan, and fresh ideas from a writer fresh from the outside world, Amanda’s your girl! She’s the freshest!

Check out Amanda’s blog here. I see great things on the horizon.

Y’all better act like y’all know!

Twitter

Facebook

And, if you got a sec, and in the mood for another side of Loco, check out my new blog:

Loco’s Patronus

7 Responses to “Whoa…She’s in Yokohama, with Loco!”

1. AmandaT 13 February 2011 at 10:48 pm Permalink

Thanks for a spectacular time in Yokohama Loco! I felt like I already knew a thing or two about you from reading your blog, and it's great to know you're just as deep and just as real in-person. I look forward to getting together again real soon.

2. AmandaT 13 February 2011 at 10:51 pm Permalink

P.S. why does that picture have that "I'm posing with my favourite celebrity" vibe? LOL. Hmm, I don't look particularly relaxed in that picture, but trust me everyone Loco is an easy-going guy.

• Anonymous 14 February 2011 at 12:27 pm Permalink

I was about to say the same thing! I can imagine that loco has a bit of that "larger than life" aura to him. He is a very tall gentleman.

3. Produce Stand 14 February 2011 at 2:57 am Permalink

Ahhh, I like her blog, I enjoy reading the perspectives of black people in Japan! I'm pumped this is my first semester of Japanese and I'm hoping to join you folks over there soon!

4. Anonymous 14 February 2011 at 9:50 am Permalink

Damn, she knows how to do a blog. Only about half a year old (if I'm not mistaken) and already 70+ followers and a really nice-looking website. I'll have to peruse it more thoroughly when I have a little free time.

5. RKat 14 February 2011 at 4:35 pm Permalink

Look at those two hotties. Is everyone in Yokohama beautiful these days?

6. The Envoy 14 February 2011 at 10:43 pm Permalink

Sometimes I do wish I was actually in Japan so that I can meet up with some fellow bloggers…it turns out that I’m everywhere else but Nihon…sigh