18 February 2011 ~ 9 Comments

How do girls keep warm in Japan?

I’ve talked about some of the accessories that Japanese students use in the schools, like pencil cases, etc…

There’s another item I’ve failed to mention that is ubiquitous during the winters in the schools.

I’m talking about little personal blankets.

The girls use these to keep their legs warm because, regardless of the temperature, the uniform calls for skirts to be worn.

These blankets usually never leave the school, so, to be honest, they get a bit rank after a while, and pretty filthy, too. But, as you would expect in Japan, they’re awfully cute.

I asked the girls willing to show there’s off to let me take a few pics…most were unwilling. A few were, though. Here they are:

Kawaii deshou?

Twitter

Facebook

And, if you got a sec, and in the mood for another side of Loco, check out my new blog:

Loco’s Patronus

9 Responses to “How do girls keep warm in Japan?”

1. Bored in Kanagawa 19 February 2011 at 1:07 pm Permalink

Loco, tell the truth those are your blankets right?

• Locohama 19 February 2011 at 8:24 pm Permalink

Damn busted! Yep, I'm having a sale! Buy 1 get two free…the first one costs $300 though, cuz it's used. There's probably a market for used JHS girl blankets here, since those used panties used to sell like hotcakes. (-; thanks for the shout

2. FuKnWitU 19 February 2011 at 1:31 pm Permalink

I'll go first.

"Hey, look….the blog on my blogroll has a new post"

#1 He's on my blogroll because I read it.
    #2 Leaving comments creates extension of topic
    #3 Leaving comments might get a "reach around" and help me to
    (Showin love always brings the possibility of getting love.)

****************************
    Those girls parents have been shopping at the local discount shop.
    I'll bet a dollar on a dime that's not official Disney goods right there. Thanks China 🙂

came in second while eating lunch in between 🙁

• Locohama 19 February 2011 at 8:25 pm Permalink

Yeah, i think donkihote sells them a dime a dozen, so they gotta be chinese!

3. Mr.S. 19 February 2011 at 5:34 pm Permalink

Cold because the skirts are always waaaay too short, in hopes their legs will look longer. I have to look at the floor on the way up the stairs where I teach, so I am not looking up fourteen year old skirts. My good friend put it best at his school, "Kyoko, maybe if you covered your @$$ you wouldn't have a chest-cold all winter!"

• Locohama 19 February 2011 at 8:26 pm Permalink

You ain't told a lie…I gotta do the same thing. Girls are outta control! Thanks for the shout

• FuKnWitU 20 February 2011 at 11:56 am Permalink

That's the price they pay for trying to be O'share'! 😉

4. Locohama 19 February 2011 at 8:28 pm Permalink

At my school in the winter, the girls wore, what do call them things?? Oh right, PANTS…but we didn't hane a uniform. Some of them where sweatpants under their skirts though. The really smart ones. lol thanks for the shout!

5. Anonymous 19 February 2011 at 10:48 pm Permalink

Yeah, I've noticed those at my school – some are cute. My first reaction was "Damn, they get blankets? Lucky." But then I remembered they're wearing skirts, and pants rule.