27 April 2011 ~ 25 Comments

Loco’s Taken with Instagram

As some of you might have noticed, I’m really taken with Instagram. lol “Taken with Instagram” is the company’s ID tag.

Instagram is an Iphone  photo sharing application replete with filters that do to my photographs what living in Japan has done to my mind 😉

Since downloading this app I’ve been shooting quite regularly. Just random slice of life in Locohama’s Yokohama stuff mostly, but some have come out well I think. (see below)

I won’t be regularly posting these photographs on Loco in Yokohama, though. I’m trying to reserve this blog for writing projects primarily.

However, you’re in luck (that is, if you’re interested in a visual presentation of what Loco sees on a day-to-day basis): I have a Tumblr blog where I post all of my photos.

Well, anyway, just wanted to make a quick post to give you guys a taste of what you’ll be in for if you decide to follow me on my Tumblr as well.

Check these out:

Ground Golfers in the park

Rabbit Vigil

Window Art in my school's Main Entrance

Reservoir Puppies

Tower in Motomachi, Yokohama

Train was one minute late

Korean BBQ Yum Yum

Nothing spectacular, granted. I’m not a pro. But these are just a tease of what my Tumblr blog has to offer. Please check it out if you have a chance.

Here’s a link: http://locohama.tumblr.com/

And, here ‘s a link to Instagramif you’re all Iphone’d up already and interested in sinking your teeth into this delectable app. (It doesn’t work with Androids or Ipad yet but I’m sure it will soon)

Once you’re on, look me up @locohama

Thanks in advance,

PS: This post was submitted to Show Me Japan Vol.1 Issue 23 over at Budget Trouble: Travel and Trouble in Japan. Please check out this blog for many excellent pictures of life in and around Japan. Including a new post with dome incredible pictures taken in POST-Earthquake (and amid the current nuclear crisis) Fukushima that must be seen to believe!

Twitter

Facebook

And, if you got a sec, and in the mood for another side of Loco, check out my new blog:

Loco’s Patronus

25 Responses to “Loco’s Taken with Instagram”

1. Anonymous 27 April 2011 at 2:03 pm Permalink

Nice, retro feel.

• Locohama 27 April 2011 at 6:45 pm Permalink

Yeah, blue, I really dig those filters. I don't get the Angry Birds craze but this craze i get totally! Thanks for the shout!

• Anonymous 27 April 2011 at 6:50 pm Permalink

Is this program ok for iPod Touch, do you know? I can't upload directly to the internet unless I have wifi, but I imagine the filter is independent, right?

• Locohama 27 April 2011 at 7:13 pm Permalink

This is from the Instagram FAQ:

What versions of the iPhone are you compatible with?
          Anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 3.1.2 and above can use Instagram.

Looks like a Mac OS but I really don't know

• Anonymous 27 April 2011 at 7:47 pm Permalink

Gotcha, thanks Loco!

• RKat 27 April 2011 at 11:37 pm Permalink

I only have an iPod Touch, and I never stop Instagram-ing!

• Anonymous 27 April 2011 at 11:39 pm Permalink

Sweet! Guess I'll give it a whirl.

2. RKat 27 April 2011 at 3:00 pm Permalink

Instagram and tumblr, my favorite places to hang out! Love seeing you around.

• Locohama 27 April 2011 at 6:44 pm Permalink

Love to be seen! Yeah, these two apps in particular have been slowing creeping their way into the forefront of my mind, elbowing other priorities out of the way. Gotta keep reminding myself "shooting is not writing, shooting is not writing…" Thanks for the shout Kat!

3. FuKnWitU 27 April 2011 at 10:04 pm Permalink

My iphone and ipad are the best 2 things I've bought in a while. The vids from the iphone kick the shit outta my supposedly superior camera. The app system is crazy awesome. 1200 yen for a word program that outputs .doc and .docx files? Steve Jobs is a freakin genius …again!!

• Locohama 30 April 2011 at 1:17 am Permalink

First gadget I've ever bought that actually made me pause and day: The Future is Now!

4. Caroline Josephine 28 April 2011 at 1:30 am Permalink

So jealous of everyone who can use Instagram 🙁 I'm not cool enough for an iphone and my iPod isn't new enough to have a camera. boohoo. But I like these! I really like the 'Reservoir Puppies' one hahaha.

• Locohama 28 April 2011 at 2:34 pm Permalink

Don't be jelly baby! Just get you some cool points! I'm actually a cool point distribution center so I got your back. btw that Nanpa post you wrote earned you a few cool points so you're well on youir way to coolness. See that was easy. Thanks for the shout!

• Caroline Josephine 28 April 2011 at 8:50 pm Permalink

Happy to see that I'm slowly climbing up the Loco coolness scale. Someday I'll reach the top. SOMEDAAAAAAY… maybe not today tho.

Glad you liked the post! Ah, I need to comment back to everyone but NO TIME EVER.

5. Brett Nielsen 28 April 2011 at 9:56 am Permalink

I'll have to start checking out your tumblr now too. It may not be writing but you know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

• Locohama 28 April 2011 at 2:30 pm Permalink

Hey Brett, thanks. yeah, but I'd much rather write those 1000 words than let a pic speak them for me. lol…

6. Brett Nielsen 28 April 2011 at 10:07 am Permalink

ah, sorry about that. Guess I'm still too new to posting. ignore this one.

7. Anonymous 28 April 2011 at 12:43 pm Permalink

Loving the new Tumblr!

8. Will 30 April 2011 at 7:42 am Permalink

Unplugging for a few days. Look forward to catching up when I'm back. Have a great Golden Week.

9. goukaseishi 1 May 2011 at 7:56 pm Permalink

Love your shots with Instagram dude :O)

10. Anna Ikeda 1 May 2011 at 11:01 pm Permalink

Reservoir puppies – priceless.
    I want an IPod, but I'm too poor to get one. Maybe next year… Maybe…

• Locohama 1 May 2011 at 11:26 pm Permalink

You did mean Iphone right?
      Yeah I like that pic. Every time I see it i start humming "Little Green Bag" LOL
      Thanks for the shout http://youtu.be/lzMpH9jjo4w

• Anna Ikeda 1 May 2011 at 9:15 pm Permalink

yep, that’s what I meant. geez, I’m going senile in my old age. I edited it now. Thanks!

• Anna Ikeda 2 May 2011 at 6:15 am Permalink

yep, that's what I meant. geez, I'm going senile in my old age. I edited it now. Thanks!